Willy说,以下或许是你所不了解的关于我的一百件事:
1. I’m a woman
我是一个女人。
2. Married
已婚。
3. 5 ft 4 inches tall
5英尺4英寸高
4. 10 kilo’s overweight! Darn! Blame it to married life.
超重10公斤!唉,这都要归咎于我的婚姻生活。
5. My ideal weight 68 kg’
我理想中自己的体重是68公斤。
6. I do not know how much I weigh, but it is too much
我不知道自己到底有多重,不过超重是肯定的了。
7. I have brown hair – now totally grey, keeping it brown at a great expense.
我的头发是棕色的——不过现在已经变灰了,要让它恢复棕色那可要花点大代价的。
8. Have blue eyes
我的眼睛是蓝色的。
9. 58 years of age, quickly approaching the big 6-0.
当前58岁,不过60岁也是指日可待了。
10. I got re-married in September 2004 after being a widow for 13 years.
2004年9月当了十三年寡妇的我再一次结婚了!
11. I am very fortunate to be happily married twice in my life.
我很幸运,生命里的两次婚姻都很幸福!
12. I married my first husband, Billy, 8th February 1969 at the age of 21.
1969年2月8日,我21岁那年,我嫁给了我的第一任丈夫比利。
13. I met my present husband through friends.
我是通过朋友的关系结识我现在的丈夫的。
14. Being married when you are older, is much easier as you are more understanding and patient.
当你年老的时候,由于有了更深刻的理解力,有了更大的忍耐力,所以婚姻这事对你来说就变得容易多了。
15. I went through a very tough time when my first husband died.
当我第一任丈夫死的时候,我经历了很糟糕的一段时期。
16. I was very lucky to have three amazing children that made life worth living for.
我很幸运,因为我有三个非常棒的孩子,他们让我觉得生活充满意义。
17. My maiden name was: van Gelder then changed to : Blake, and then: Hudson
我娘家的本姓是:van Gelder,后来随了我第一任丈夫的姓:Blake,再后来随了我现在丈夫的姓:Hudson
18. I’m usually very easy going, but then again I am a Scorpio, stand on the tail and I can really get upset.
我是很情绪化的一个人。
19. If I’m backed in a corner without a valid reason and being threatened then I will stand my ground
当我遭受无理地逼迫的时候,我会坚守我的阵地不动摇。
20. I love all wild life, love being away from the rat-race.
我喜欢所有野外的生命,喜欢远离那些你死我活的竞争。
21. I am very interested in fairies, they fascinate me. I have a big collection of all different ones.
我对精灵很感兴趣,他们让我着迷。我收集了很多不同类型的精灵。
22. I like to think that I am a very stable person. I have sorted out all my thoughts and problems through Counselling training at Hospice.
我很高兴地认为自己是一个可以信赖的人。通过在收容所学到的忠告教育,我已经把我的想法和问题做了分类。
23. My grandchildren are the light of my life.
我的孙子女是我生命之光。
24. I’m not big on going out anymore. Quiet evening at home is wonderful.
外出已经不再适合不那么强壮的我了,在家度过一个宁静的夜晚对我而言是很不错的。
25. Today I am content with who I am.
今天我对自己很满意。
26. Peter, husband, understands me very well.
彼得,我的丈夫,他非常了解我。
27. I was 58 when I started blogging, after my son-in-law, Shaun sent me the information.
当我开始写博客的时候,我是58岁。是我女婿告诉我这方面的信息的。
28. I’ve been blogging here ever since.
从此,我将在这里开始我的博客生涯了。
29. I like reading blogs from overseas, especially Holland, as I was born there.
我喜欢阅览世界各地的人写的博客,特别是在荷兰的,因为我出生在那儿。
30. Does the big 60 scare me? No, not really. I feel good and I definitely do not feel like 60. Hey, I can go on pension now!
我害怕60岁的到来吗?不,不怎么害怕。我感觉很棒,我一点儿也没有感觉自己快要60岁了。嗨,我现在可以继续享受我的退休金了!
31. I ate very healthy at one stage of my life and lost a lot of weight. Since I got married I really enjoy cooking and eating, hence the over-weight.
曾经有段时间,我吃得很健康,并且减了不少体重。但自从我结婚之后,我太喜欢烹调了,也很享受吃的乐趣,所以我超重了!
32. My favourite is biscuits.
我最喜欢的食物是小点心。
33. I should drink more water.
我应该再多喝点水。
34. I’m fond of white wine and mostly drink chardonnay.(Get carried away every so often)
我最爱白葡萄酒,常喝的叫作chardonnay。
35. I like to eat a lot of vegetables.
我非常喜欢吃蔬菜。
36. I come from a background with high moral standards.
我来自于一个具有崇高道德标准的家庭。
37. I have no strange preference in food as long as it is healthy or edible and no junk food. No peanut Butter.
一般说来,我对食品没有特别的偏爱。我不吃垃圾快餐,也不吃花生酱。
38. I do not drink milk, not even in coffee or tea. Have not had milk from the age of three.
我不喝牛奶,从三岁起就没喝过牛奶了,当然我在咖啡和茶里也是不加牛奶的。
39. The only junk food I will eat is the occasional Mac Donalds.
我偶尔会吃的垃圾快餐是麦当劳。
40. Love Chinese Food.
我爱中国菜!
41. Pizza I will indulge in once in a blue moon, but I’m perfectly happy without it. Oh, I don’t eat Sushi.
我在迫不得已的情况下才会吃Pizza,不过那次数简直可以用屈指可数来形容。不过要是可以不用吃它,我会开心得晕过去!哦,对了,我不吃寿司的。
42. I’m a non-smoker. Have never smoked in my life before. Cannot stand the smell of stale smoke on my clothes and hair after being in a pub.
我不吸烟。而且我从没碰过这玩意儿。每次从pub回来,我衣服上和头发上的香烟味简直让我无法忍受!
43. I have an older brother. He lost his wife a few years ago. He has a son, Donovan, he has just married Estelle.
我有个哥哥,他老婆几年前死了。他有个儿子,Donovan,最近刚和Estelle结婚。
44. We are only two children.
我们是两兄妹。
45. I have three children. Ryan (34) married to Jen (34) with two boys Cameron (3) and Matthew (1); Karen (33) married to Shaun (30) with a daughter Amy(1); Dale (31) married to Gareth (31. Even Peter says that they are all wonderful children. Peter has a daughter, Tracy (33) and is married to Myles.
我有三个小孩,Ryan (34)和Jen (34)结婚了,有两个小男孩:Cameron (3)和Matthew (1);Karen (33)和Shaun (30)结婚了,有一个小女孩:Amy(1); Dale (31)和Gareth (31)结婚了. 就连Peter也说他们全都是很棒的孩子。Peter有一个女儿,Tracy (33),她嫁给了Myles.
46. I am very blessed to have such wonderful children.
我为自己有这样好的孩子们感到幸福!
47. I started my working career at the Bank. I started off as a teller and eventually ran my own Sub-Brach.
我最初是在银行工作的。我刚开始是做出纳工作的,最后我拥有了自己的Sub-Brach。
48. I have now made a career in Health and Hygiene.
现在,我的工作主要涉及健康和卫生方面。
49. I did not work while my children were small, only went back to work when the youngest started school.
当我的孩子还很小的时候,我没有去工作。直到最小的孩子开始念书,我才重返职场。
50. I did provincial gymnastics.
我自己活动筋骨。
看来看这个东东可以使人学习英文.从而更加的让自己熟悉.嘿嘿…
又被你看出来了,呵呵,没错,就是希望自己尽可能地不要把英文给忘了(学德文,是很容易把英文给荒废的),不然,从小到大都学的英文,忘记了有点可惜呢。:)
不得不说,忘记比我来的勤快~~~这两天我在忙什么???有点晕~~~~
英文我已经原本的把所学还给了老师,就是没有得到老师的表扬:(
我更郁闷了.很多人都说我的英文发音准。但我就是没那毅力坚持下去.上帝啊.谁能教教我怎么办!~~~我很懒.我承认……嘿嘿…努力吧..奋斗吧…幸福在招手呢.^_^